Nov 2, 2009

Burglar Breaks Into Diaz Home

My title looks like I copied it from a newspaper but that's what really happened last night or must I say early this morning. Everything still feels surreal. This was one of those mornings wherein I wish I could just go back to sleep and wake up to a different scenario. You know how sometimes you have a bad dream and you just think that if I wake up this will all end and everything will just go back to "normal". I was waiting for someone to shout "cut" or for someone to say they were just playing a joke on me but it was for real

My room has a passage to the house next to ours and is connected to Borgy's room. You can consider me a light sleeper as I almost always wake up to Tito Hermie going inside Borgy's room or to Borgy going inside his room. I slept at past 2am last night as I was trying to finish some practice exam for my NCLEX. Borgy has been in Cebu for the past month so I'm pretty much alone in both rooms.

I was awoken around 6am with my mom calling my name and asking on where I was. I even raised my hand as it was still quite dark inside the room and told her I was right by the wall. She said that someone broke-in the other house. I then immediately noticed the laptop was not on the table anymore. I immediately grabbed the jewelry box and thank God my engagement ring and wedding ring was still there. I then checked on another box to check if the other jewelries I had was still inside the box and it was still there. I then looked for my bag and checked if my wallet was still inside it but wallet was missing so I called the bank immediately to have my ATM cards cancelled. While I was on the phone I woke up Ate Peachy to have her check her things. But I guess the burglar didn't know that they could go through our house from my room. Probably they did not see the door. We were just talking inside the room when I realized my IPOD was no longer on the bed. I remember waking up with the earphones in my ears but no more IPOD. My cousin Mac who was staying in the other house with Tito Hermie was then telling us of what he initially saw when he got out of their room and we then checked on the first floor to look at what was missing and then to also check if the other neighbors were okay. I then realized that my phone was missing too and it was just right about the same time Ate Peachy asked me about my phone. My phone and IPOD were right beside me as I was sleeping and the thought of how near they got to me just scares me! We then went back upstairs to check on what else could be missing and saw a green box on top of Borgy's bed. That green box was inside my cabinet. He was probably looking for other valuables inside my cabinet but inside the green box was just 3 packs of Yogos that I was trying to save. They didn't get the yogos but they were able to get 3 watches. This bad people knew what to get since they made sure they also got the power cable of my laptop and IPOD. They also managed to get the old mobile phones in Borgy's room and 2 old laptops.

I feel bad that I left my camera's memory card inside the laptop so I lost the day 2 Bacolod pictures I have. I lost access to other pictures I didn't get to post online or save on a CD. I lost copies of the US TV series and movies I downloaded online. I have to go through the hassle of getting new ID's but atleast I still have my passport which I would badly need next week. I lost a lot of files and reviewers I need.

I lost all this but I know that I am blessed. Who knows what those bad guys could have done. If they sprayed anything to make me stay asleep, I thank them for doing so because I sure would have shouted had I seen them inside the room. And only God knows what could have happened next.

What I have lost God can replace in tenfold. I am alive, shaken but unharmed. God is good!

No comments: