Jun 12, 2009

UP

I'm not a big fan of cartoons but tremendously enjoyed the movie UP. The movie was funny, heartwarming and simply entertaining. Russel (the fat kid) was super cute. He sounded and reminded me of the boy in the movie "The Kid".

Watching the movie made me miss Wowo, my maternal grandfather. My faternal grandfather died when I was 3 so I don't really have much memories of him. Growing up, I'ld often see Wowo especially when he goes to Manila for meetings or when I'ld go to Bacolod for vacations. I had fun vacations then. Wowo would bring us to work, golf club, or would just bring us around. I remember that one time he brought me with him when he met up with a rare coin dealer as he was trying to have a part of his collection sold. He wanted to get new golf clubs and it was just way to expensive and he thought of selling a few of his coins. It took time before he found a dealer he liked and trusted.

The movie is a must see one. Bring tissue too as some parts might bring you to tears.

No comments: