Jun 5, 2006

Im sick again. The last time I remember I got sick was Holy week....And now I have coughs and colds AGAIN! I have never been sickly. A year can pass without me getting sick. Not the past year though.
I blame the weather...One minute it is summer hot and before you know it starts raining. But then again I guess I am partly to blame since my mom always--always tells me to drink vitamins (I can already hear her telling me how I am not drinking vitamins later when she sees me and hears me barking like a dog!). I refuse to do so--tigas ulo eh! Ako lang ata ang nurse na laging may sakit (hahaha!).

***

"Parang ako nasa amazing race!"

I sent that message to Anna as I was on my way to sheila's house for her bday party. I felt like I was on a race going to their house. I rode a fx, jeep and then a trisikad.

I really didn't know on how to go to her house. Most of them are coming from work (7am!) and I didn't want to wake up early that's why I just decided I will go by myself. Sheila gave me instructions, and I was pretty confident since I had sense of direction naman. I originally thought of taking a cab but decided against doing so as I felt that jeep and sikad drivers know better than cab drivers.

My dad dropped me off quezon ave and I took the FX to morayta. From morayta, I took a jeep to tutuban (I had to ask the barker if the jeep was tutuban bound). After I went down the jeep, I rode a sikad to sheila's hse. I told the driver where I was going and he said he knew. In less than 10 minutes, I was near my destination. Simbahan na my Jollibee! When I asked the sikad driver how much the fare was, I immediately felt robbed. It was for Php80! I didn't have a choice. Paid him and thanked him (sana makonsensya ka for overprinting!). Sheila picked me up and after a few steps we were at her home na. I even told her she could have just given me instructions and I would have found it. After I ate, I asked her on how much I should have paid the sikad driver. She told me Php20--tama nga ako that I was robbed! Side kwento: during the Sikad ride, (right along the tutuban mall) the sikad driver asked me to go down as he had to go on the other side of the street. After we crossed the street I rode the trike again!

The party was fun. Everyone were from the collections department and it was my first time to meet them, but just the same I had fun! Food was great but since I was not feeling well already, I really didn't eat much. Except for the cake and the uloulo.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Peeps from collections with the bday girl
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
me.anna.tating.mommy bea
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
me with the birthday girl...deadma na lang sa pimple!
<Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
macy.anna

Anna and I agreed to go to 168 after. So, at about 2 in the afternoon we said our goodbye na. We asked Sheila how much we should be paying the sikad and she said Php30 since dalawa kmi. In 10 minutes, we were shopping our hearts out! We had so much fun shopping. Too bad, short for time since she had work at 1:00am. We left the mall past four in the afternoon. She bought a jacket, 2 tops, sandals, shorts, and umbrella all for over a thousand lang. The jacket she bought was really nice. It was originally priced at Php850 but because of our pagtawad she was able to buy it for only Php550. Super good deal. I bought a skirt and sandals (same as anna's), total damage was 500.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
anna wearing the very nice jacket we bought

We then rode a sikad (the biggest mistake we made) and was again robbed! Prior to riding, because of my earlier experience we asked the driver on how much the fare was up to LRT 2 station. He said "TWENTY". I asked again and he said "TWENTY" again. So we rode but after about 3 minutes, we decided to just ride the jeep to morayta and then take a cab from there. So we asked the manong to drop as off and paid him Twenty pesos as agreed.

Manong: SEVENTY!
Me and Anna: ANO!
Me: Manong, dalawang beses ka namin tinanong ang sabi mo TWENTY. alangan naman bingi kmi pareho
Manong: Seventy sabi ko!

and since I didn't really want to argue, I gave him a Php200 bill. He went around looking for change and then gave me Php60.

Me: Manong kulang ito.
Manong: Tag 70 kayo.
Anna: Manloloko ka pala manong e
Me: Yaan mo na Ann, pera lang yan. di naman aasenso yan si manong.

I know it was mean of me to say that but you can't blame me. No wonder tourists are afraid of going to our country, kasi kmi na nga na Filipinos niloloko what more the foreigners. It gives a bad image to the Philippines. We rode the jeep and spent only Php15.00 for the fare. We could have paid the same if we rode the jeep from 168. hay....I have learned my lesson na talaga. Not to ride those sikad's anymore or atleast check more than twice on how much they are charging.

So, ending...Whatever we saved from all the tawad we did while shopping went to the sikad driver. Nonetheless, I had fun. And we agreed on going back. On my way home I actually realized that if I was just driving, I could have just brought the car or the van with me...I will really practice my driving na!

No comments: