May 31, 2006


When I was taking up my first course, I never read thick books. Most of the books we had were the regular sized books. Wala ako nung mga "geek" looking books. Now that I am in nursing school, I have to read books na super kakapal and super bigat! Minsan, just looking at my books make me sleepy. My room is filled with nursing books. To think that I still have a year left of nursing school...by the time I finish baka di na makita ang floor ng room ko. What really scares me is I am not a fast reader. I read books but for entertainment. It is easy to read--but to read, understand what you are reading, and to eventually apply it in the hospital is a different story. With the amount of reading I have to do, feeling ko na sobrang behind ako. We do have lectures in school but that would never be enough for me to pass the local boards and the exams I have to take sa US after I graduate. I really have to make time for my reading. Reading, understanding and not to end up sleeping. I always end up either sleeping or sleepy after reading a chapter or two. I would recommend reading medical books to whoever is insomiac. So, sino ba ang may secret to effective and efficient reading?

No comments: