Oct 3, 2009

Count Your Blessings

I for one would have to admit that I most of the time ignore the blessings I receive. I always tend to want more and I guess this is human nature. But with what happened last week and seeing how many people suffered, I just woke up from deep slumber and realized how much blessed I am and how God is so good not only to me but to my family as well.

We stayed safe and dry. My sister was stranded at SM North but thinking about it, it's the best place to get stranded in. At least she had access to food and was still able to go home after the flood has subsided. We also opened our home to a few of my mom's officemates who were stranded and were not able to go home. They were all trapped a block away from our home and had been there for close to 5 hours already when they finally decided to go to our house.

I remember complaining that we didn't have electricity for close to 24 hours but after seeing on TV what has happened around me, I have realized that I should be thankful that we only lost electricity because others have lost their homes and some even their loved ones. I feel ashamed for complaining and whining the whole day about when our electricity was to be restored.

The past week God has reminded us that He is good and the storm was a tragedy but is bringing out the best among the Filipinos. We can see how everyone is working together to help those who were affected by the storm. I pray that we can always be united even after the tragedy. May we not forget the lessons we had to learn from typhoon Ondoy be forever be remembered.

My heart is full of Praise and Thanks to our God who is good. Let us always remember that "In Christ there is no crisis!"

No comments: