Apr 6, 2006

Katie Couric, one of my favorites is leaving the "Today" show. It was so sad to watch her say her goodbye on TV yesterday. I love watching today. I remember that I used to think that Matt Lauer and Katie Couric were dating (I know, so Filipino!). She will anchor a 60 minute evening news program in CBS--the first woman to do so in the states. She is leaving the show in May and I am pretty sure that it will be exciting to watch the today show in the coming days as they cook up surprises for Katie. It's nice that they could actually say goodbye to viewers and say straight on where they are actually transferring. So unlike here in the Philippines, magugulat ka na lang lumipat na ung talent.

****
My cuzz, Tetski celebrated her 20th (*winks*) birthday Wednesday evening at 6 Underground. She had a theme for her birthday--statement shirts. I was not able to buy a shirt for her birthday and decided to make use of the iron-on paper I have at home. But, the iron on paper didn't work so I ended up taping my statement on my shirt. And my statement for the night, "ang pinsan ko ay isang rockstar!" it was so fun, and I too had a mini concert (teehee!). And since it was Pashy's bday the next day, we had dinner at the condo courtesy of Pashy. Will post pictures after my cousins post them. I was lazy to bring a camera.


****
I was chatting with a friend about a week ago about American Idol. One of my favorites is Mandisa but that I knew she would not win. I felt that she was not "American Idol" material. And I was right. She was voted off the competition last night. I did not expect her to be voted off so early in the competition though. I guess it was the song choice that got her. Oh well, that's life. My favorites now will be Katharine McPhee and Chris Daughtry. I want Bucky out next.


****

Amboy went with my dad to get the van my dad bought. After they got back, we had this conversation:

me: amboy, san ka galing?
amboy: kasama ko si Lolo Ben.
me: saan tanong ko hindi sino kasama mo! san ka nga galing?
amboy: bumili ng kotse! (sabay walkout)

hehehe...parang bumili lang sya ng candy sa tindahan?

****

happy weekend all!

No comments: