Jan 8, 2010

Christmas 2009

I was looking forward to spending my first Christmas with T as a married couple but at the same time I knew that it was going to be a different Christmas since it was my first Christmas away from my parents, sister and pasaway family.

I remember calling them on Christmas Eve Manila time missing everyone and feeling so homesick. All that changed when we drove to my Aunt's house for Christmas eve. We went to church first and then off to their house for Christmas eve dinner. Dinner was sumptuous. It was so nice to see an uncle and aunt again whom I have not seen for years! After dinner we had games, exchange gift, Christmas pictorial and then opening of gifts. It was such a joy watching the kids open their gifts.

We went to leave for home past midnight and then got home after about an hour. It was a long drive home but we were happy to have spent Christmas with family.


I missed Christmas in the Philippines but I sure had a Merry Christmas here too.

No comments: