Dec 30, 2007

the year that was

in less than 12 hours, we would all have to say goodbye to 2007 and welcome 2008. 2007 was not really a good year but it was not that bad either. it was an okay year for me. surely could have been better but who am i to complain?

every year, the Lord has been good. He knows when i can handle things, knows when i have had too much and knows on when i would be needing His help. He has given me so much more than what i really deserve.

this year my sister after 8 long years finally came home for a vacation. we had a family vacation to boracay which was really great. we had lots of family gathering this year that definitely brought the family closer.

another good thing that happened this year was i was able to finally finish nursing school. i remember a conversation i had with a good friend from school on why finishing nursing school was extra special. we both agreed that with entering nursing school we did make a lot of sacrifices. having to give up a lot of things and having to start all over again in terms of career. it's not easy. not as i thought it would be. nursing school was in fact very difficult. and i could only imagine how the nursing profession would also be difficult. but it has made me realize on how blessed i am compared to others. it made me take care of people i don't know and in return i have gained a feeling of fulfillment no amount of money could buy. i must say that God really brought me here and He will be faithful to complete it with me passing the boards in the His time.

God has opened a lot of doors for 2007. in 2007 a met new online friends via the world of blogging. i have learned a lot of things from them. i may just be reading their blogs but i feel like i have known them for a long time already. i may have not met them personally, but 2007 would have not been 2007 without my blogger friends. thanks guys!

looking back, i could only be grateful for how faithful the Lord has been. I would have not survived 2007 with out Him. i would have not been a better person if He has not given me the trials and problems He did.

I am confident that 2008 is going to be a great year. i have a lot of things to look forward too and i am really excited for what it has in store for me.

May 2008 be another year full of cries and laughs. Cheers for a good 2007 and a wonderful 2008!

No comments: