Apr 20, 2007

when i woke up friday morning, my mom told me about a congresional candidate whose poster is all over our front fence. my dad has painted it already with "wag iboto". i made a suggestion that we get in touch with the candidate so that he could have it taken-off.


i thought it was going to be easy, but i was wrong.

we first went to the barangay hall to check if anyone from the office knew where the headquarter's of the candidate is. no one was at the office even if it was 2 in the afternoon. they went home for LUNCH and no one was their except for the street sweeper.

i thought of checking the internet and see if i could get any information about the candidate. i soon discovered that he is an incumbent councilor for our district. i called the available number of quezon city hall but no one was answering the trunk line. i called the hotline number and they gave me direct number for the councilor's number but no one was answering either.

i then called the office of Commission on Election covering the first district of quezon city. i wanted to know what we could do. or if they have any records of the office/headquarters of councilor abesamis. the girl i talked too, who was supposedly the head for the district advised that i get hold of the candidate. she told me though that she didn't know where the headquarter's of the candidate is. and that they don't have any records for such.

my dad and i decided that we will just go to quezon city hall. we went directly to the office of councilor abesamis but the office was closed. we asked around to check if they knew on how we could get in touch with him. luckily, someone from Vice-Mayor Bautista's office knew a staff of Councilor Abesamis. She gave me the cellphone number. i sent the staff (kuya boyet) a message asking where the headquarteds of couniclor abesamis is and he replied with "chowking, mindanao ave".

we then went to mindanao avenue. wala namang chowking! i called kuya boyet and he said he meant a signage of chowking not a restaurant. he gave further instructions that they had a maroon gate (it was actually brown).

finally, we located the office. i went down. gave my letter and showed kuya boyet the pictures we took. he then asked me if i wanted to meet the councilor. of course i said yes, teehee.

so he lead me to the councilor's office. i immediately shook his hand and introduced myself.

me: good afternoon, sir. im macy a district one voter and resident. ipakita ko po sana sa inyo ginawa ng mga tauhan nyo.
Councilor A: ano ba yun?
me: (showed the pictures and gave him the letter) akala po ata ng mga tao nyo, kailangan namin ng wall paper e.
Councilor A: sorry iha. hindi ko alam ito.
me: i know. kaya nga po, hinanap ko kayo agad para ipaalam sa inyo.
Councilor A: ipapaalis ko agad yan.
me: sana po. i was suppose to vote for you, pero ganito naman po nangyari.
Councilor A: papaaksyunan ko agad.
me: sige po. i will expect that. and may naka paint na po na wag kayo i-vote kaya paalis nyo na po agad.
Councilor A: salamat iha
me: cge. vote ko na po ulit kayo.
Councilor A: salamat. may dala ka ba sasakyan (parang gusto pa ako ipahatid ng expedition nya! close na kmi!)
me: opo. salamat po.


he had sent someone last night to take off his posters.

im just glad he stayed true to his word

and

when i told him i was suppose to vote for him, that was true. since he kept his word, im keeping mine too.

No comments: